Thursday, September 16, 2010

A Song That Makes Me Cry-Day 16 Blogging Challenge

I have a couple that make me cry. Most of them are songs we sing in church though. One song that isnt a church song that makes me cry is "Dust in the Wind" by Kansas. When my beloved cat Spock died, me and hubby were both pretty sad. Hubby buried him in the front yard flower bed, while I lay crying in bed.  When he was done he came in and sat on the bed next to me and we talked about the evil, but entirely lovable little bastard. Then we went downstairs to our family room (this was pre kids, so it was a little bar area that we entertained in-then it turned into a playroom) and hubby put a record on (yes, an actual record, we are collectors) and said:

This is for Naughterbee (one of many ridiculous nicknames we had for him). ...

and he proceeded to play "Dust in the Wind" and I started sobbing all over again. SO everytime I hear that song it makes me sad and I think of that day. So...moral of the story is if you have a song that you like, dont play it in rememberance of someone or something you love, because it will forever make you sad when you hear it.

Another song that can make me cry, but doesnt always is "Fire and Rain" by James Taylor. And when I hear "Your'e All I Need" by Motely Crue, I dont cry exactly but I feel really sad...its actually a very twisted song, but sad in its own wierd way, and the melody is beautiful haunting and sad at the same time.

In church when we sing "Refiner's Fire" I cry....and the old hym "How Great Thou Art"..gets me everytime. I will want that one played at my own funereal , I have long decided. But hopefully that wont happen for a very long time.....

RIP buddy.

(not actually him, but looks identical to him)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks like my cat...

My Immortal by Evanescence makes me cry..Or at least want to...

Cassie said...

That's so true. A song can totally bring you right back in time. PS Love your fall playlist!

foxy said...

Awwwwww, that's sad. There's not many songs that make me cry, but there are a few...

Sarah McLachlan's Answer always makes me weepy. And Tim McGraw's Live like you were dying? Gah. I can't even get through that one without sobbing. Literally. My friend's dad was dying of cancer when that one came out and it's stuck with me since then.

Anonymous said...

Aww, what a story. That songs gets to me also.

Mama Drama Times Two said...

Sweet kitty. Isn't is amazing how a song can take you back??? Dust In The Wind brings me right to high school in New Jersey, battle of the bands and school cafeteria and terrible Catholic school uniforms....now you've gotten me all nostalgic.

Tara - SanitySrchr said...

How Great Thou Art gets me everytime. I don't know what got in to me...for my last solo in church, this is what I selected to sing. Thankfully I was singing it at a worship service and not for a funeral.