Sunday, February 1, 2009

Creepy Kitty...

...I hope I am imagining things, but Im probably not. I think our cat is opening doors. Doors that are completely shut. I close the door to my bedroom when I go to sleep because I do not enjoy being woken up in the middle of the night by a kitten who decides she is going to play and climb on everything she possible can and sing the entire time she is doing it. Oh, and because T is working and if an Axe murderer gets in the house, I have an extra second maybe to get to a gun, load it, and protect myself and the kids, but thats besides the point. So, I close the door, click. It is shut. The past few nights, I am awakened by...you guessed it, the cat. She goes by many names but the one that I have been using lately is Rotten-ness. We have door knobs that you dont turn but that you press down on, handles. I think she is jumping up and hitting them with her rotten little cat paws. N says he saw her open the accordian door at the bottom of the stairs by jumping up and pushing back on the part of the door that connects with the wall, causing it to open.

What am I going to do with a cat that I cant shut out of rooms? I guess I will have to LOCK the bedroom door. That wouldnt be such a bad thing, it would give me a lot more time to prepare for confortation with an axe murderer. Great, time to go to bed and I have axe murderers and evil, smart cats on the brain...Im locking the door.

3 comments:

Mel said...

ok that cat is a genius!!

Erin said...

Our cats know how to close doors by pushing their fat bodies against them until they close. Then...usually between butt late and butt early, they decide they don't like being in that room and commence to howling...loudly. You will HAVE to lock the door - she sounds like Piper's black twin!!! It does get better, I promise!

junglemama said...

LOL, I guess it is possible!