Saturday, December 27, 2008

Its over...

,,for another year. Well, I guess there is New Years Eve and all that, but basically it is over. So, we will probably stay up until midnight, maybe play some games or something. Oh, there is always eating, but Im kind of sick of that. Of course I say that right NOW, because I just finished off the Pineapple Ricotta pie, but tomorrow eating a bunch a stuff that will put pounds on my hiney will sound like a good idea again. Im in so much trouble when I go back to weight watchers....

It seems like the kids had a good Christmas and they got some good stuff without being over-spoiled. I hate it when kids start to act entitled and they are so consumed with material stuff that they become bratty. You know like Varuka Salt in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. We are trying to avoid that, and so far I think we are doing a good job.

Before the kids came home I always pictured Christmas with my kids one way. I now know that there is a lot more to it than all the warm and fuzzies. It.is.a.heck.of.a.lot.of.work. Oh man, because not only am I doing all the preperations like before, but now Im doing it for more people at the same time Im doing all the normal day to day stuff. Christmas=more stuff to cram into the measly 24 hours a day we are given.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I know, it is so much fun but it wears.you.out. It is a ton of work but so worth it! :) Glad you guys had a good Christmas!