Friday, June 6, 2008

The beginning....

My husband and I started our adoption about two years ago. We went to the classes, and procrastinated a lot on the paperwork. I am not sure why we waited so long to complete it. I think that although we were anxious to have additions to our family, we were also a little scared; at least I was. We finally completed our paperwork to adopt through the state foster care system and were certified in January and 90 days later, on April 2nd, we were chosen for the specific kids we had been dreaming about since February. It was a happy day. Soon we would be able to meet the two boys and girl, brothers and sister, who would soon join our family. These are the kids that my husband said, upon first seeing their profile would be ours. I had doubts, I thought that my luck wasn’t that good; to be chose for the first kids we submitted our home-study for. I know several couples and single people, who are great people and who would make fantastic parents, who have waited for more than a year to be selected. I just knew that would be us. It wasn’t and my much better half was right. Again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a relatively new blogger, too. My partner and I are starting the classes next month toward adopting a small sibling group. I'll definitely be watching your blog!

Unknown said...

Aww THAT'S AWESOME!