Tuesday, August 10, 2010

summertime blues and shark week....

Im here....kind of. Im sorry I have been soooo absent on everyone's blogs. I guess I needed another break from blogs...I have been on FB a lot more though. Going through stages, I guess. I guess I am just lucky in that my kids have adjusted so well, so there isnt a whole lot to talk about right now. There are relatively few issues; something that will probably change once school starts (it always seems to).

This summer has not been a great one. Because of work schedules and GICOE's bright (NOT) ideas, there is a lot we did not have time for. We went on our annual family camping trip, so that was nice. We have been having a good time watching Shark Week on the tube. However, Im finding myself having to convince A that it really is ok to swim in the ocean in most places and that these attacks on tv are very rare (which means I had to define "rare").  Maybe shark week wasnt the brightest of parental moves?

Im on a small hiatus from school, which feels really nice. Im scheduled to start again in a couple of weeks. It will be my last class before I get my degree. Then Im taking another break...a looong one before I trudge on. It would be really nice if I could figure out what I wanted to be when I grow up; I still kind of dont know. Instead of going home and doing homework, I get to come home and play video games with the kids for a bit. I am addicted to "Animal Crossing". I only wish that making $100,000.00 only took a week like it does on that game. How nice would that be?

Anyway, I guess Ive felt kind of comfortable lately. Which doesnt give me much blog material since Im tired of bitching about work. I did make some homemade lemonade and cherry limeade the other day I guess I could have blogged about that.......Im off to check on you followers with blogs!

6 comments:

sitting on the mood swing at the playground said...

A camping trip sounds like fun (I've never camped).

I'm a little too freaked to watch Shark Week but the Discovery building is a few miles from our house and there was a shark sticking out on all four sides. I wish I would have had my camera with me.

foxy said...

Hahaha... sometimes not having anything to blog about is a good thing! :)

My unofficial blog 'break' just ended and I'm finally back at it. And I'm enjoying it again, which is nice. Good to see you here again though!

Tara - SanitySrchr said...

I took a small break too...not due to a lack of topics, but because I was just too lazy!! I enjoyed the three weeks I didn't have kids in my house. I needed that before the week long vacation with 4. Anyway, hope things go well with the transition back to school. My journey to "big girl" college is proving difficult.

Mama Drama Times Two said...

It was so nice to see your comments on my blog. You've been kinda quiet lately. I post in fits and starts too. This month I am aiming to write daily - I'm trying self discipline at the age of 49! I do miss reading about the unfreakinbelievable adventures of GICOE..but, if I can try and learn self discipline, I guess I could try and learn patience, too.

Helen McGinn said...

We've not managed any camping yet; it's been way too cold. Keep your fingers crossed for September. :O)

N I C O L said...

Yea, so we went on our first beach vacation last month. Where did we go? New Smyrna Beach, FL, aka SHARK BITE CAPITOL of the WORLD. Yea. Nice. Thought we saw five sharks and I sorta freaked, although VERY quietly, and it turns out they were dolphins! How cool!!!