Monday, December 14, 2009

I stole this from Masshole Mommy..because I liked it. There were no rules for it or anything, so I hope its ok....I still dont know all the blogging ettiquette rules, etc. So, I hope she doesnt mind. Her blog is pretty entertaining so you should check it out.

1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? Hot chocolate. But if given a real choice, I would pick Peppermint latte or something.


2. Letter to Santa?
Nope. I prefer to email. I wish he would get on facebook or something.


3. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree?
Wrapped, of course. Unless its too big, then it would have a big bow on it. I dont think I know ANYONE who just lays stuff under the tree.


4. Colored lights on your tree/house or white?
Colored...and a few bubblers.


5. Do you hang mistletoe?
Nope. Do people actually do that? I just see it on movies.

6. When do you put your decorations up?
December first, usually. Definitely, under no circumstance do they go up BEFORE Thanksgiving. I like to wait until Jan 1st to take them down.


7. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
Depends on what the theme is. We did all Italian one year and it was awesome. I love T's rib roast. My mom makes a killer fruit salad and cheesey potatoes. Heck, I like it all. I do cook, but I get off kind of easy on Christmas...not on Thanksgiving though.


8. Favorite holiday memory as a child:
I dont know...I guess it would be going to the Christmas Eve Disneyland employee party, since my dad was an employee. The whole park was shut down Christmas eve and only employees and family could go in and have a blast. On the way out they gave all the kids big stockings full of candy and toys. It was great.


9. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
Im not sure..I just remember thinking about it and thinking it couldnt be true. I asked my mom and she caved...she thought at 17 years old, I should know the truth. Just kidding....I was like 8 when she admitted there wasnt a Santa.

10. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
We did that every year when I was a kid. Didnt do it last year with the kids, but this year we are.


11. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
Uh..from bottom to top? Angel on last? No...lights, bead strands, ornaments, no tinsel or garland....not pet friendly.


12. Can you ice skate?
Never tried. I can roller skate my butt off though. Prolly not the same though huh?


13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
Yes one year when we were living in New England, T got me a trip to NYC to the West Minster Kennel Club Dog Show at Madison Square Garden. He put the train tickets, the dog show tickets and hotel reservation in an envelope and set it in the tree. Hes the best.


14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you?
Remembering the true meaning of Christmas, the celebration of the birth of Jesus and not getting lost in other the other stuff.


15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
Apple Dumplings, and cake balls that I make.


16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Christmas Eve Mexican food, and going to the Candle light service at church. The other one is setting cookies and milk out for Santa, and throwing carrots out on the lawn for the reindeer (got that one from my wonderful daughter in law, M.). In the morning the cookies and milk are gone, as are most of the carrots..we leave one or two out there with a few bites out of them for effect.


17. What tops your tree?
An angel we have had since I was a kid. Its very special because it reminds us (my mom and I) of my cousin Paula who died on New Years Eve when she was 12.


18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving?
Both. I love the shopping!


19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
Father Christmas by the Kinks or O Holy Night.


20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?
Only the fruity kind. Peppermint is only good with chocolate, coffee, or ice cream.

3 comments:

JennyMac said...

Candy canes: boo! But hot chocolate over eggnog? AMEN!

foxy said...

Man, eggnog is my FAVORITE for the holidays. Have you ever tried Pennsylvania Dutch?? Oh my gah, it's outta this world!!

How funny that you do Mexican on Christmas Eve!! We do too... every single year. We've actually progressed through the years from tacos (then) to fajitas (now). Such a great tradition!!

Reighnie said...

I've actually had thoughts of just throwing it all under the tree with name tags. lol

I do hang mistletoe...actually, to be honest, I didn't have to hang it this year because I never got around to taking it down last year. :-p

I've been against hanging lights before Thanksgiving, but it's been getting colder sooner and sooner and I'm thinking next year I'm going to have to get up there before just so I won't freeze my tush off. It's hard with the arthritis. But I'm firm that if I do, I won't turn them on until the first. LOL!

I'm starting the kids on a Christmas Eve present this year. It will be an ornament. I'm hoping that when they move out they'll have amassed a few that they can take with them.

That must've been so awesome to have the park to yourselves! I enjoyed reading your list. :-)