Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Tuesday Post

Creative huh? Im just having a hard time with titles, OK? I dont know whats with me. Im just running out of....thoughts. Or whatever. Im telling you, if your not a mom yet, be warned: Brain Cells WILL die. Thats not a threat, that is a promise. And NO I havent forgot to post my Kindergarten Graduation Nightmare post complete with "Stoopit Mommy" moment(s), I just need to download some photos first. Ill be getting to that sooner than later because

I have another week off of school. YESSSSSSSSSSSS. I was supposed to go back today, but there was a mix up. Dang.

Anyway, tonight is the LAST little league game for N. So, Ill be doing that. I have melons and peppers to plant in the garden tonight too. No rest for the wicked. Ever.

I have seen a couple of movies over the last week or so. First we rented Hotel for Dogs for the kids (Ok, it was for me too). First, let me point out the obvious. Though they DID feature two dachshunds, they were in it very little and Im afraid the Wiener Princess is very upset.
If your going to do a movie about Dogs, you best have equal billing for the wieners, or life in my house is unsettling. WP is unhappy, the hub is unhappy, and it just goes down hill from there. Anyway besides that it was OK, completely unrealistic in everyway imaginable, even the parts about the social worker and foster kids (Im not even going there). It was cute, and I even laughed a few times. Besides if it has dogz in it, Im pretty much there.

Ok next (after the kids were asleep) we watched "Defiance". It was good. Im amazed everytime I hear of yet another WW2 hero, who hasnt got due credit for what they did to save many lives from Hitler's clutches. If you are into WW2 true stories, see it. It is a bit gory (duh..its about war, not kittens), but utterly worth seeing.

Next was "Taken", with Liam Neeson (or the great Robert Roy MacGreggor-I probably spelled that wrong, so dont kill me). Im not usually an action, explosion, car chase-just-for-the-heck-of-it kind of girl, but this was decent. The main character (Neeson) was interesting and there were some real slime ball characters and disturbing happenings in it, which is always intriguing to me for some unknown reason. I liked it. I didnt fall asleep, which a lot of movies with senseless explosions and a bunch of testoserone inflated characters running around tend to make me do.

There theres my two cents of nothing. Maybe Tuesdays will be "Two cents Tuesday". Until I can scrape up the interest in more Toy Reviews, that is. Which is also "two cents" of nothing anyway.

8 comments:

Heather Cherry said...

OMG I bawled my eyes out during the animal shelter scene on Hotel For Dogs. Like, we're talking the shoulder-shaking type of cry.

obladi oblada said...

Oh, I know...I hate those scenes. I have to leave the room carrying "you know who", it really is too much for her big, liquid eyes, to bear.

almost famous said...

you know what, the title isn't that bad. lol we all have our days. But anyway, I'm glad that I haven't seen either movie that you've mentioned. I certainly wouldn't be tear-free watching Hotel For Dogs.. I cry just looking at Animal Planet Rescue shows. I wouldn't last. lol

Anonymous said...

I saw the BEST thing ever today and thought of you, Miss Wiener. I saw a woman taking her dogs for a walk. They were identical wiener dogs with long blonde beards on one of those leashes that forks at the end. The woman walking them was in a powered wheelchair and looked so happy to be out walking her cute little wieners. Warmed my cackled heart.

obladi oblada said...

Almost: Thanks for stopping by! I have to be very careful of what I watch on AP. I cant watch those "Animal Cops..." shows. Ugh.

Hi Tuba!!! Awww..the bearded wieners are the best. Ssshh dont tell WP I said that).

Erin said...

V and I watched "Hotel for dogs" and I found it a bit unbelievable as well. An English bulldog that nobody wants??? Totally untrue. :) Also, why doesn't Hollywood TELL us about these kids being in foster care? Why make foster parents the villains? I just don't get it.

Glad you liked Taken - I will have to check the other one you mentioned. We have been big friends of the Redbox since there is nothing on TV this time of year.

obladi oblada said...

Erin: Exactly!! When he was talking about how "nobody wants" the bull dog and how they cant find a home for him, me AND the hub scoffed!!! Ive checked into English Bullie rescue and they seem to rehome them as fast as they get them, which isnt alot!

Funnyrunner said...

Enjoy the extra time!