Monday, December 13, 2010

Open Letter to Bloggy Land....

Dear Bloggy Land,

Its not that I dont love you, because I do. Its just that I dont feel like I have much to offer at this moment. Just more gripes and complaints. Im also feeling like crap, physically. I also want to rip GICOEs face off with a butter knife (sick or not) if I ever see him again, he has ticked me off to no end. I yelled at a McDonalds worker today while at the drive through....through the speaker thing, not at the window, although I felt like doing that too (do NOT mess with me at 3 am pre coffee...just sayin').

Yes, I am wondering how all my bloggy buddies are doing and I do miss reading about them and want is going on in their worlds. I only hope that they forgive me when I do come back. Im feeling guilty about your background reflecting Thanksgiving still...when its so obviously Christmas time. Yeah, and dont mention the fact that my beloved Christmas playlist isnt up yet (either is our Christmas tree, Ok?).

I have been spending a little more time on facebook, yes it is true. Im sure its just a phase. Honestly though, I get a little frustrated by having only 76 followers...STILL. While other blogs are in the hundreds at least. Its much more fun to go to facebook where the number is much higher. I mean who wouldnt choose the bar that most of their friends go to over the one where there a far fewer friendly faces?  Just an observation, thats all. 

I hope everyone is doing well......I will be back soon, I think. Till then, stay warm, stay dry, stay Merry.

Sincerely,
Me.

12 comments:

Shayne said...

Glad you posted. I've been missing you. :)

Having said that, when you're not feeling well, I think writing a post would be last thing you'd want to attempt. Hope you feel better soon. :)

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about the followers issue. Often my number doesn't go up for months...and I wonder why. But, then I remember that I am writing for myself mostly.

I am sorry you are feeling poorly! I hope everything feels better soon!

foxy said...

Sorry that GICOE is driving you batty. I just hate those kinds of people!

You know, I used to get really perturbed about my followers being stagnant when it seemed everyone else's was growing, but I've stopped worrying about that. Rather, I appreciate the back and forth communication that I have with my current blog friends. AND more followers ultimately means more work (via commenting) on your end... and I'm all maxed out as it is on my blog time. :)

Steph said...

Sometimes I wonder why I don't have more followers but like foxy said, it just equals more work. I also, try to remind myself that I started my blog for me.

Hope your holidays are great!

mindfulness said...

I enjoy reading your blog! How do you get 76 followers? I only have 5...and one of them is me!

Mama Drama Times Two said...

Missed you bunches and glad you are just in a writing slump (I had one too this past month after the Littles left...*sigh*)Happy Holidays!

Slamdunk said...

I understand. Each site as its advantages. I hope you enjoy the season and your time away from blogging.

The Accidental Mommy said...

FWIW, I think you have a good number of followers for "our" blog subject.

Personally, when I felt I needed more people in my follower block, I begged. Shamelessly. And, it worked a little! LOL! Am I in your block? I will check on that right now. Later.

Anonymous said...

Love the song!

I haven't felt much like blogging lately either...I made sure I made time today to visit some of my favorites!

Feel better!

Canadian Blend said...

The beauty of feed readers is that they always remember who you are no matter how long you are away. There's a blog I read that has gone more than a year between posts.

Macey said...

Nobody would be upset with you, friend!
Look at me, I post sometimes but I have been sucking eggs at commenting. :(

Macey said...

Also, have you seen Dawn's Grunge Christmas song?? It's weird. LOL