Saturday, April 10, 2010

Whats his name again?

Im sitting here, in the living room and Im supposed to be doing homework, but my "give-a-crap meter" isnt working, so neither am I. Instead Im messing around on the internet and watching TV....because that is how I roll.

Its been kind of a productive weekend. All the stupid inspections at work are over with and supposedly I did well. Which is nice...Im releived that its over, for the most part. I still have to do some stuff, but my role in it is fairly small (I think).

Thursday hub and I went to the school, because L was getting an award. So, he isnt really on my "list" anymore. I was so proud of him, and I will post pics later. He got a couple of these awards last year too. He rocks.

Our doggy smelling carpet is GONE. Its history. Im elated....nothing on the floor now but nice clean, cool shiny Pergo stuff. I will never go back to carpet in the living room/hall way again. After a week of chaos and clutter, my livingroom is back together. I will post pics of the mess and after the mess later. All the windows and doors on the backside of the house have been replaced as of Friday...Monday they are doing the rest. I already cant believe how quiet it is and our heat and AC bills should be a little saner now too. So yay.

Now....a little advice for those of you who are adopting and are changing names. You might think, like I did, that it is a good idea to keep a first name, as a middle name and give the child a new first name, but keep calling him his old name....in other words he or she will go by his middle name. Are you confused yet?

Anyway, we did this and you should really avoid doing this. L goes by his middle name (his old first name)...and his new firt name (starts with a D) is used for all offical papers etc. Today was opening day for the boys Little League and during the opening ceremony they introduce all the boys on all the teams. They got to L's team and went down the list of names. No "L"...even my husband and my friend were like, "hey, they missed L, thats not cool..." and as I was stewing over this, an idea hit my square in the back of my meaty head...

"Oooooh...they said "D'...that is his name..."

Yeah, you will be forgetting that your child actually has a different first name. I did this at the dentist office too. They asked if he had been there before and I said "yes"...they searched and searched the computer, and were scratching their heads wondering what happened to his records when it dawned on me...."Oh you know what? His name is D. I was exactly the moron that I hate to deal with at work. So think twice if you are thinking about this.

Oh and one more thing....I want a goat...well, only a baby one. I spent like 10 minutes in a pen full of adorable baby goats today. If you dont think a goat is cute when its a baby...think again.

5 comments:

stellarparenting.com said...

I hear you on the names. We left their names except fot their last names for that very reason. I would never remember and I am called by my middle name and it is the bane of my existance when it come to paperwork.
Looking forward to house pics, I hate carpet too

Macey said...

This is so ironic, because my husband was adopted at birth in a closed adoption. BUT, his adopted parents named him something that starts with S, but they call him CJ. With "" marks. It's confusing as heck for people who don't know!

Abigail Rogers said...

Don't forget to see your daily picture of Great Britain!

http://picturesofgreatbritain.blogspot.com/

Canadian Blend said...

We have a "John" that we call "Jack" as the family tree is full of Johns. I've given up trying to remember what we've called him where and simply tell people (like the pharmacist) "John or Jack."

Cassie said...

Yay for getting rid of smelly carpet! We have hardwood in all our living spaces and love it. I still prefer carpet in the bedroom though.