Quotation of the Day

Friday, May 8, 2009

Open Letter to Home Depot

Dear Home Depot,

I am really beginning to hate you. First, you NEVER have what I need. Ever. Although you are the biggest hardware store in the world, you have squat. Secondly, your help blows. Your "experts" are more often than not a bunch of idiots. I took a PAMPHLET with me for a valve for a sprinkler system, with the part number circled and showed your "expert" what I needed, for Pete's sake. He gave me something that was NOT what I needed. When I said that it was wrong, he treated me like an ignorant female, and evidently one who couldnt read. So, I gave him the benefit of the doubt, after all he was the "expert". Guess what Home Depot? It was the wrong part. I do hope that you enjoyed my husband's little visit to your establishment, with wrong part and pamphlet in hand, and a lack of being amused. Supposedly the "expert" had left for the day, but I know the truth. He was hiding behind the conduit display. A moron AND a coward. Way to go Home Depot, way to go.

5 comments:

Mel said...

Please tell me you are mailing that letter to their managment!!!

Snuggles said...

Hey, this was good. Can I post it on the open letters blog as a guest blogger post?

Erin said...

Home Depot is Tim's favorite store because Tony Stewart used to drive for them in NASCAR. I don't like them as much as Lowe's -- but I don't say that out loud. Haha! :)

obladi oblada said...

Mel: I know...not that they would even care though.

Snuggles: Sure. Actually I was a little worried posting it because I felt like I might be doing something wrong because you all write those all the time, but I couldnt find any other way to express my disdain. Legally anyway.

Erin: I wont tell him you said that. I promise.

Heather Cherry said...

Sweet and I actually meant to comment as me but um, Snuggles slipped in there and did it for me, lol. Silly, you're not doing ANYTHING wrong!

There was an error in this gadget