Monday, May 11, 2009

Mute Monday

The topic for Mute Monday is SPIRITS.

Mine is kind of a theme within a theme, I guess. These are the various types of "spirit" we came into contact with in Scotland.



Memorial for those who fell at the Battle of Culloden.

Memorial to Bobby, the loyal little Scot dog who refused to leave his master's grave. His SPIRIT is said to roam the Kirkyard (church yard for you non-scots) still.

Another type of spirit in Scotland! This our dear friend M in front of whiskey kegs (Love to L & M, our Aussie friends if you are reading!)

This dude is indeed showing his Scottish "spirit". I think this was in front of Eileen Donan Castle.

9 comments:

h said...

Great pics and that looks like a good month's supply of whiskey there.

Happy mute Monday!

and late mother's day

obladi oblada said...

Thanks Troll!

Kymical Reactions said...

These were fun. I love old church gravestones.

Happy MM

obladi oblada said...

kmwthay: Me too:)

Buzz Kill said...

Nice pictures and story. I was thinking William Wallace the whole time. Freedom!!!!

Happy MM!

Bear said...

Ah the Scots certainly do have spirit... perhaps that's why we Aussies like them so much... oh, and they enjoy a drink or two... too.

Happy MM.

Aunty Belle said...

This is FABulous!
Very good take on the theme.
I hope to get to Scotland someday.

Heather Cherry said...

Nofe air! You got to go there!

obladi oblada said...

Buzz Kill: Thanks. I cant watch the end of that movie...it bugs me.

Bear: Oh your Aussie! Awesome, some of the funnest people I know are Aussies!

Aunty Belle: You should go! Its wonderful.

HC: You too, try to go. If I could get a job there, Id move there.