Sunday, March 29, 2009

Touch Me (Im Sick)

Ha fooled ya! Not a post about the song of the same name, just a post about me. I spent ALL day yesterday sleeping off and on because I felt like crap. Whatever horrifying thing A had found its way to me.

The kids were really sweet about it too. N busied himself in his room working together a globe puzzle his Uncle W. got him for his birthday, A bugged the snot out of him while he did it, and S went between helping N and taking care of me.

S would come upstairs every 20 minutes or so and rewet my wash cloth that she put on my head. She would thump it on my head, and I told her she was going to have to work on her delivery if she was ever going to make it in the health care field. She reminded me that she was going to be a zoo keeper. Oh right. She also tried to give me water, which ended with her pouring half of it down the front of me once. It was the thought that counted and I enjoyed seeing her sweet caring side emerge once more.

There is no way on God's green earth that I could actually get up and fix lunch for anyone. So I got the peanut butter, honey bread and a knife out and told her to make sandhiches, which she was absolutely thrilled to do. I pointed to the bowl of apples on the counter and grunted, she understood. So they had peanut butter and honey sandwiches and apples for lunch. I think Im going to love having her around;even more than I already realized.

When my husband was available to take over, he did. He did a fine job too, I might add. He took them to dinner somewhere, and I was finally able to crawl into bed. I popped in Seinfeld dvd and was out after the first episode.

Im much better today. Now if I can only keep everyone else health, Ill be doing alright.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Hoping your feeling much better today!

obladi oblada said...

Thanks Lisa! Much better today!

Erin said...

So glad you are feeling better - didn't you get the memo that moms aren't allowed to get sick? V gives me a bell to ring if I need her when I am sick. :)

obladi oblada said...

Erin, I love the bell idea. Ill just steal the one hubby has for me as his idea of a joke.