Monday, November 23, 2009

Time is (not) on my side

The wierdest thing (okay that may not be true, but it was pretty wierd) happened to me the other day. I had the longest afternoon of my life. Im serious, its like I entered a time warp or twighlight zone or something. It would not get late...it felt late, I had the sensation it was DARK outside...yet it was light. It felt like 5 or 6 O clock, yet it was only 2. No matter what the time really was throughout the day, it felt way later. Usually that happens once during a day..but ALL day? Not normal, but then again some say IM not normal. Whatever, it freaked me out.

I kept looking at the clock....still early. And quiet. It was so quiet. At one point Abba was played on the radio...and a dog barked in the distance. Very eerie. My phone didnt even ring. No one wanted anything from me, and all I wanted was for it to get late, for time to MOVE for cryin' out loud. A circumstance such as that...and I was without my book...go figure. It was strange and I just felt like I had to share. Why couldnt that happen when Im goofing off, or having a grand time doing something enjoyable and I dont WANT time to stand still? Instead I had NOTHING to do...no homework...no work work..no.thing. Time always seems to crawl when you DONT want it to. What is UP with that?

5 comments:

Macey said...

Hahah! This is SO stinkin' true. And sucks.

Reighnie said...

That happens to me at night. If I get to fall asleep early (11:30 pm). I will wake up again at 1 or 2 am and not be able to sleep until almost 6 or 7 am.

In the meantime, the time goes by so slowly until I'm ready to fall asleep and by then everyone else is getting up and the next thing I know it's 9 or 10 am and I feel like I've lost so much time.

I hate that. lol

Heather Cherry said...

Hey! I have an idea of something you can do... go be friends with me on FB! ;)

foxy said...

Annoying... that's what it is. I hate it when that happens.

obladi oblada said...

Heather! Im heading over.right.now.