Quotation of the Day

Monday, November 23, 2009

Time is (not) on my side

The wierdest thing (okay that may not be true, but it was pretty wierd) happened to me the other day. I had the longest afternoon of my life. Im serious, its like I entered a time warp or twighlight zone or something. It would not get late...it felt late, I had the sensation it was DARK outside...yet it was light. It felt like 5 or 6 O clock, yet it was only 2. No matter what the time really was throughout the day, it felt way later. Usually that happens once during a day..but ALL day? Not normal, but then again some say IM not normal. Whatever, it freaked me out.

I kept looking at the clock....still early. And quiet. It was so quiet. At one point Abba was played on the radio...and a dog barked in the distance. Very eerie. My phone didnt even ring. No one wanted anything from me, and all I wanted was for it to get late, for time to MOVE for cryin' out loud. A circumstance such as that...and I was without my book...go figure. It was strange and I just felt like I had to share. Why couldnt that happen when Im goofing off, or having a grand time doing something enjoyable and I dont WANT time to stand still? Instead I had NOTHING to do...no homework...no work work..no.thing. Time always seems to crawl when you DONT want it to. What is UP with that?

5 comments:

MiMi said...

Hahah! This is SO stinkin' true. And sucks.

Reighnie said...

That happens to me at night. If I get to fall asleep early (11:30 pm). I will wake up again at 1 or 2 am and not be able to sleep until almost 6 or 7 am.

In the meantime, the time goes by so slowly until I'm ready to fall asleep and by then everyone else is getting up and the next thing I know it's 9 or 10 am and I feel like I've lost so much time.

I hate that. lol

Heather Cherry said...

Hey! I have an idea of something you can do... go be friends with me on FB! ;)

foxy said...

Annoying... that's what it is. I hate it when that happens.

obladi oblada said...

Heather! Im heading over.right.now.

There was an error in this gadget