Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Open Letter to My Cough

Dear Cough,

What is it exactly that you want from me? You are a presistent little bugger, you keep hanging around...so what can I do for you? How can I get you to leave? Its been two weeks and I thought you would be long gone by now. You have taken my sleep, my excercise, you have stolen many kisses from my children, my husband, and my pets. You have caused me to get dirty looks from people in public places, you have made me do way more laundry than is decent, as if I needed more of that. I medicate you, yet you stay, and stay, and stay. The doctor said I just have to wait...that you will go away. You have taken from me and taken from me until I have no more left to give. Please go away. Now. Right now. Thank you.

3 comments:

Macey said...

SO true!! The laundry thing...ugh! I've been doing too much because of my cough too...and now every time I cough I feel like my left eyeball is gonna shoot out of my head.
You need to link up with Shortmama for Dear Someone letters!! It's today at www.familyofshorts.blogspot.com! :)

Heather Cherry said...

Dear O/O,

Sry.

Sincerely,

Your Cough

Stacy's Snippets said...

Love your blog, stopped in from the Fox Den. :)

I wrote a letter very much like this to my bronchitis earlier this year. I received no reply letter. :(

Random Musings From A Single Gal