Sunday, July 26, 2009

Ouch!!!

Last week (yes, Im slow in blogging, lately)N made me so proud because, after watching T do it, he now can do a back flip dive off the diving board. So, the next day after his first back flip dive, I wanted him to do it again.

Me: Do another back flip off the board
N: Moooommmm, again?
Me: Pleeeeaaasssseee?
N: Oh, okay.

He got up there, got into the proper stance and then sprung up off the board. Up. Not out. I could only just watch in horror as I realized that his body, because he didnt spring OUT, was not going to clear the board. He hit the board, with his back before hitting the water.

Thank God, he was ok and was able to swim to the side of the pool, where I helped him out. He had a huge long scape down his back...and it was going to get uglier as the days went on. It doesnt look THAT bad in the below pic, but the next few days it looked horrible, all bruised and scabbed over.

It is healing quite nicely though. I know one thing for sure, he will never have to hear ME ask him to do THAT again. I could careless if he ever goes off the diving board again, actually.


N's back after the dive.


N trying to smile, but WINCING instead, as he decides to stay out of the water for a while.


Doesnt really have a darned thing to do with this story, but isn't he cute?

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Owie! Hoping he feels much better today.

Erin said...

OWWW! You weren't kidding about the scrape - that makes me wince just to look at it. And that little guy on your diving board is precious... :)