Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Grrr....

Im very annoyed. About a month ago the school sent home sign up forms for extended day program, which are after school activities. We sat down and filled it out that night and the kids turned them in the very next day, since it is first come firts serve. This would mean that the kids would come home at 5:00 instead of 3:00 and my husband who works nights, could get a little more sleep.

So, S comes home and shows me a form which says she is enrolled in her activity. Great! N says his teacher will hand theirs out tomorrow. Ok. Then A speaks up and says his teacher said that he never turned one in. WHAT?!!!!

I had put the form in the backpack. The backpack was taken directly to Kindergarten with my son, by my husband. When the kids got home that day, I asked, "Did everyone turn in thier forms?" "Yes" they all said.

A is adament that he turned his in. I believe him too. So, Im mad. I believe the teacher lost it. I called the school today and they confirmed that they dont have a form for him and that his name isnt on any of the lists. The lady in charge is out today (but of course she is!!!) and they will have her call me when she gets back. Sigh. I certainly hope that they can fit him in SOMEWHERE. In the meantime I will be working on the delivery of my sob story. I decided to be pathetically disappointed instead of MAD. It may get me farther.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi I am also a member of the APN and I love the site. I am a lurker. We got our placement last year, in June and boy what a roller coaster ride!! Like you and your hubby we did not have any children and we were married for 7 years. We also started out with pets. I love to read your blog. It is funny and just like our family. We have adopted two wonderful children from the state of Missouri! You are very brave and seem to have it together in such a short time!! It took us a year to finally get settled with the kids!!! I love our kids now I just need to get my parents on board with it. They live 6 hours away and do not see our children very much, it is hard for them to grasp the adoption! I am sad about it, you are lucky you have the support of your mom and the help!! You are great keep up the updates and photos!!! : )

Erin said...

I would be firm with them and tell that that the other two turned in their forms and that A turned his in too. They may need to make an exception for him if it is a teacher's mistake. I know I am super careful about turning things like that in. Have you asked A's teacher about it? I hope you get it all worked out!

obladi oblada said...

Thanks lovemydogs. Its nice to meet someone else who is reading this thing. Cool. Where are you in Missouri?

My dad was against the adoption at first. Now he is totally on board and loves the kids. All it took was for A to climb up on his lap once. That was it, it was all over for him.