Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Three strokes ahead, two strokes back

We have been very happy of the progress all the kids made in swimming since they have been with us. Especially Adam. He went from not swimming at all to jumping into the deep end and swimming to the other side of the pool.

My husband was swimming with the kids last Saturday while I kept an eye on our yard sale. When I had put everything that didnt sell away, I joined them all for a swim. They said they had a surprise to show me. It was a good surprise too'Adam can swim!!! In the deep end!

My joy was short lived though because two days later he was refusing to do it. We all know he can do it, HE knows he can do it, so why the sudden freak out about the deep end and drowning? We are thinking it is just plain old stubborness. We dont think it is genuine fear because he's done it a dozen times without a complaint. So, if anyone out there can shed some light on this odd behavior, I would appreciate it. Remember, I went from having no kids to having three, and sometimes I need some advice!!!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Give him some time and continue to re-affirm his accomplishments. V swims better during lessons than she does on her own - why? Who knows. I think it is something about showing the teacher that they can do it. He will do a great job - I would just keep encouraging and praising him. :)

obladi oblada said...

Ok, thanks. He wants to swim today..so who knows.