Quotation of the Day

Monday, June 9, 2008

She Kilt Me.

I have always been into dreams and what they could mean. Its a weird, fascinating, alternate world, sleep.

The fourth morning that our kids were with us I got to hear a good, creepy one. Not good as in a good pleasant thing, but good as in, I like creepy stuff so it was good.

I heard a noise and looked up to see my five year old entering my bedroom. My husband was working so it was just me and the dogs (yes, I sleep with my dogs). I sat up groggily and asked him what he was doing. He said he had a bad dream. Oh goody, my first, "I had a bad dream" experience as a Mom. I have to admit, I was a little exited about it. I very mother-like sat him on the edge of the bed and hugged him and asked what it was all about. He said:

There was a girl, who was a grown up, and she had a fly on her tongue and she stuck it out at me. Then she took me to her house.

ME: Oh, what did she do then?
MY SON: She kilt me.


Wow. The only way that would have creeped me out more is if he had said a clown had taken him....

I had punished him the night before and sent him to bed early. After I hugged him some more and put him back in his bed, I got up, went into the bathroom, looked in the mirror and stuck out my tongue. No fly.

1 comment:

Erin said...

You did a great job handling your first bad dream! V wakes up in the morning telling me of the bad dreams she had but she was "too sleepy to get up and come talk about them." LOL!

There was an error in this gadget